Cheyenne County Health Department has an opening for a Full-time RN or LPN
The Public Health Nurse provides public health nursing services to individuals, families, and population groups. Nursing actions are directed toward the goals of prevention, assessment, risk reduction, and
health status improvement for individuals, families and communities based on professional nursing and public health principles, concepts, and practices... Nursing activities include, but are not limited to, systematic analysis of health data, health education and advocacy, coalition building, and collaborating with community partners to promote the health of a population.
Public Health Nurse Duties:
1. Provides individual nursing assessments, screening, and counseling of clients; referrals and follow-up as needed; training, technical assistance, and nursing delegation to personnel regarding the health
2. Performs comprehensive individual and family assessments which include health history, physical assessment, growth monitoring, and developmental assessment.
3. Provides education and counseling to individuals, families and community groups that are adapted to their unique needs, lifestyle, cultural and socio-economic situation.
4. Obtains and completes appropriate patient "Consent for Care" forms, ensures patient confidentiality, and maintains orderly medical records.
5. Administer vaccinations to children and adults per KDHE, CDC and ACIP protocols; ensure proper storage and handling of vaccinations.
6. Provide for prevention and control of communicable disease through the initiation of epidemiological investigations and surveillance, interpretation of laboratory findings and physician’s diagnosis to individuals and families in accordance with Kansas State Statutes.
(For a full job description please contact County Health or Human Resources.)
Nursing License from an accredited nursing school and is currently licensed as a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse in the state of Kansas.
Maintains current CPR certification.
Obtain and maintain training in respiratory fit testing, as applicable.
Position would be up to 40 hours per week.
Successful applicants must be able to multi-task, will be personable, computer literate, and energetic.
Hospital has sincere commitment to staff development with competitive wages, paid CEU's, support for educational growth and a comprehensive benefit package.
Apply Online at www.cheyennecountyhospital.com or send an application to email@example.com
For further questions contact Human Resources at 785-332-2104 ext. 116