Office and Patient Coordinator
The office and patient coordinator provides quality administrative and clerical services for program staff and assists Senior Life Solutions’ patients with care needs. They provide transportation to patients in a provided vehicle, as applicable. The office and patient coordinator’s responsibilities include assisting with insurance verification and billing procedures, providing clerical support to team members, assisting with patient care, and ensuring transportation is safely provided to patients. The office and patient coordinator contributes to positive team dynamics and excellent customer service.
Monday through Friday - 8 hours per day (can start at 8, 8:30 or 9 and work 8 hours)
- No after-hours call
Care – Provide the best possible patient care
Compliance – Ensure the program operates within all regulations
Community – Become a wonderful addition to your local community
Care: All employees are expected to provide the best possible patient care
- Ensure patient care needs are met while at the program
- Ensure completion of the Census report as directed
- Assist patients with completion of consents and patient admission process as directed
- Take patient vital signs as directed
- Complete the daily nursing checklist form as directed
- Assist patients in performing the sit to stand test as directed
- Complete multidisciplinary progress notes for documentation of absences or patient encounters as they occur
- Participate in treatment team meetings and coordination of care
- Coordinate meals and snacks for patients
- Complete medical records including filing and form tracking
- Responsible for inventory of supplies, cleanliness, group room setup
- Responsible for refrigerator logs and necessary action steps for temperature variances
Compliance: Ensure the program operates within all regulations
- Comply with 25-point check list
- Comply with all regulations
- Perform billing functions required for the program as directed
- Ensure patient insurance verification and complete monthly insurance verification forms as directed
Community: Become a wonderful addition to your local community
- Demonstrate an understanding of community education definitions and activities.
- Participate in customer service training as it relates to community integration.
- Participate in community analysis
- Keep up to date community education contacts as directed
- Participate in cohesive team environment to ensure program success
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Certification: CNA, MA or LPN preferred
- Experience: experience in providing care to older adults in hospital or nursing facility environment
- Experience performing secretarial or clerical duties, working with computers and electronic medical records
- Good driving record, comfort with transportation and driving a van
- Experience transporting patients, preferred but not required
- Knowledge of community resources for older adults, familiarity with medical terminology and medical team roles functioning with other hospital departments
Incumbent will be exposed to virus, disease, infection from patients
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position required intermittent physical activity, including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching as well as lifting, driving and supporting patients.
This position has no direct reports
- Monday through Friday schedule
- No after-hours call
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Diverse roles including clinical, leadership, and community liaison
- Matching 401K with immediate vesting
- Relocation assistance considered
About PMC/Senior Life Solutions
Founded in 2003, Psychiatric Medical Care manages more than 65 Senior Life Solutions programs across the U.S. Senior Life Solutions is an intensive outpatient behavioral healthcare program designed to meet the needs of adults over the age of 65 who are struggling with symptoms of depression or anxiety often related to aging. Patients are offered services by an interdisciplinary team of caring, experienced, behavioral health professionals, which includes a psychiatrist, licensed therapist, and registered nurse.
To ensure we retain and invest in great people, PMC provides its employees with excellent benefits, recognition, training, and the opportunities needed for professional growth. Join us in making a difference in the lives of seniors in your community.
To apply for this position, please visit www.psychmc.com/careers/listings.